Skip to content

General

95 results found

1. Change Slack webhook integration to Slack webhook URL (so other services which can emulate Slack's parsing to use this feature as well)

Instead of making the Slack webhook integration via the API, just allow users to put in a Slack URL. That way any other service which can emulate the Slack webhook schema can use the webhook feature.

As an example Discord has webhooks and if you add "/slack" to the end of a Discord webhook URL then it will parse the data as Slack does.

Currently I cannot use Updown with Discord. I also suspect that many other programs have an option to parse data like Slack so you could knock out a few webhook integrations in one simple step.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More historical APDEX data

We would like a longer history of APDEX data so we can show one of our providers and keep them honest.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. GZIP support

Validate strings on compressed (GZIPped) pages.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make detailed pricing information publicly available (without registering and logging in)

updown.io is STUPENDOUSLY inexpensive compared to most other uptime monitoring solutions available today. This is obviously one of your strongest selling points.

So, "hiding" detailed pricing information on the logged-in-users-only page https://updown.io/credits/buy seems counter-productive. I was especially surprised by the big discounts given when buying credits in bulk. It seems to me that a version of this page (or equivalent information) should be made available for everyone, even if they haven't signed up for the service yet or are currently logged out. (This would make it easier for fans to share this information with friends or other prospective users, as…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hyperlink to URL from main listing page

I think it would be neat if there was a way to visit the URL from the UI. So if a website is down, I can just click on the URL/Endpoint to go directly to it but currently I would need to click edit and copy/paste it into the URL. Some endpoints are very specific so it makes it easier to navigate to.

I have attached an example suggestion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Having a global domain as CNAME for all status pages instead of one per status page

I would like to be able to have "https://status.domain.com/xxxx" instead of "https://xxxx.status.domain.com" :).

This could allow me to avoid touching my DNS all the time for every check.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although this is not an official feature, this is now possible thanks to the multi-site status page.

If you create a public multi-site status page with a custom domain (example: demo.updown.io), you can then access individual status page from the same custom domain (example: https://demo.updown.io/ngg8), and this is true even for sites which are NOT listed on this status page (as long as the individual status page is public of course).

8. Option to set Slack alerts to just a one-liner

Simplified or more concise Slack messages.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Affiliate Program

Love love love updown's service! Would love to see affiliate program or refer a friend link. I run a marketing blog with quite a bit of traffic and would love to write up a review. Will most likely be writing one anyways, but I think you could spread the word faster if you hit up bloggers with an incentive.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Periodic email report

Would be nice to have a periodic (weekly / monthly ?) email with uptimes for all websites.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. German Location

German Location

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark Website as Down when Domain Expires

When a domain has expired and is pointed back to something like a GoDaddy parking page, the monitor shows the site as up. See attached screenshot.

For all intents and purposes, this should really show the website as down. It's easy to overlook for too long when you manage 80 - 100+ sites.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am gonna mark this one as resolved as we've now implemented the domain expiration alerts in https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/36631813-warn-about-expiring-domain-names. It is not exactly the same thing because it will not consider the website as "down" if it still responds with 200OK but at least you can get notified. Also in the example shown in this screenshot, such error would definitely be considered as "down" as it's not even connecting, the monitoring was likely still 200OK because the configured DNS TTL had not expired yet and was still returning the old IP.

13. Expected HTTP status codes

Would be handy to have a simple "Yes a 405 here is okay" or something along those lines, for unusual but expected healthy status. Not sure how much development effort this would be to implement

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better user experience measurement

Easier description/show : of load time compared to expected load time

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Post certificate expiration warning via Slack

Post certificate expiration warning via Slack

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Send a webhook-event for Apdex alerts

It is already possible to "Be alerted (by email) when your website's Apdex drops more than 0.3 in 1 hour". It would be great if this event could also send a webhook-request. This would allow us to be automatically notified in our custom monitoring-system when the Apdex suddenly drops for a website.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the ability to disable following redirects

Currently updown.io will follow 302 redirects when checking if a service is up. In the curl commands that are emailed when downtime is detected, this is achieved via the -L flag. It would be good if this could be disabled, so that the actual endpoint given is tested and not the endpoint at the end of the 302(s).

An example of when this might be useful: I have a few endpoints that simply 302 to another endpoint, which I don't maintain / own / have any control over. I'm less interested in whether those endpoints are up, and more interested…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now possible, the "contains" attribute can accept an HTTP status and if you specify any of the intermediary redirect status (e.g. 302, 303, 307...) then the monitoring will stop here and consider the check as UP instead of following the redirect.

About the SSL certificate analysis, it is actually always carried on the first endpoint before any redirection, it does not follow them and never has. If you have any counter example please let me know so we can have a look.

18. Server should return its idea of "current time" for reliable delta ("last check X seconds ago", etc)

When I added "last check" and "next check" information on my custom status page using the API, I opted to give a handy "time delta", for instance I might say things like (paraphrased) "the last check was 04:42 ago at 00:46:08" and "the next check will be in 00:18 at 00:51:08".

This of course requires having an idea of what the "current time" is.

I initially used simply the (client) time at which I sent the request to the server, but obviously that's fundamentally flawed in many ways, as the client clock and server clock may not be synchronised, and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a legit question and fortunately it has already been tackled by HTTP. You can find in the API response headers the “Date” field which contains the local server time. You can use it as a baseline for your time difference comparisons.

It is not by default accessible for CORS requests but I’ve just added the proper expose header so it’s now accessible from javascript too, here is an example:

fetch(“https://updown.io/api/checks?api-key=ro-xxxxx”).then(function(res) { console.log(res.headers.get(“date”)) })

Feel free to use it now :)

But keep in mind that next_check time being in the past will still happen, this is because it’s value is updated after the check, which can take time (between 0 and 30 seconds depending on the server response time and latency) So it can be up to 30 seconds late even on synchronized clock, in this case, you can display something like: “currently running” or something…

19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, there is a fallback icon of course if you site don’t have any, but in you case your server does serve a /favicon.ico file which is a blank gif (not very valid), that’s why you see a blank space instead of the default icon. You should remove this gif if you don’t want it to showup.

20. Define which errors are real errors

In some cases, a 302 might not be an error, so an ability to give a whitelist would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?