General

1. Make detailed pricing information publicly available (without registering and logging in)

updown.io is STUPENDOUSLY inexpensive compared to most other uptime monitoring solutions available today. This is obviously one of your strongest selling points.

So, "hiding" detailed pricing information on the logged-in-users-only page https://updown.io/credits/buy seems counter-productive. I was especially surprised by the big discounts given when buying credits in bulk. It seems to me that a version of this page (or equivalent information) should be made available for everyone, even if they haven't signed up for the service yet or are currently logged out. (This would make it easier for fans to share this information with friends or other prospective users, as…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort checks by apdex

Would love an option in the dashboard to sort checks by apdex, to make it easier to see which of our sites are not doing so well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mark Website as Down when Domain Expires

When a domain has expired and is pointed back to something like a GoDaddy parking page, the monitor shows the site as up. See attached screenshot.

For all intents and purposes, this should really show the website as down. It's easy to overlook for too long when you manage 80 - 100+ sites.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display days to expire in listing

Adding a column that shows the days to cert expiration would be so handy. Also, if/when you succeed with the domain expire project, another column showings days til domain expiration again would be useful for me. Possibly these are optional columns for those that want in their display grid?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Status page with responsive design

More specifically, we display the status page on a widescreen TV, and we have to zoom out to fit the height of the status page, leaving a lot of unused space on the sides.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom scheduled check interval

Add please a possibility to create a custom time for trigger a check.
    Example: 10am every Friday

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an explanation of what "Redirections" is.

Trying out the service and first thing I noticed is "Redirections" is about 50% of the time used. It would be great if you could provide a document or link as to how you are calculating this and what we could do to reduce it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DNS record checks

Hi,
    I have implemented a simple php script on one of my servers to take a query via GET method and returns the requested DNS record.
    The site is restricted to updown.io servers and uses a URL in the following format :

https://webserver.com/lookup.php?T=A&D=google.co.uk&R=IP

This uses the following fields :
    T - Type of record to return eg. MX/A/TXT
    D - Domain to check eg. google.co.uk
    R - Record field to return. eg. ip for ip address
    The server code simple checks if the record type is a valid one we accept, checks the domain name is in a valid format…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve just merged this with another one about DNS check. This is something we’re thinking about but is not planned yet.

In the meantime what you made is a great workaround, if other users are interested I encourage them to leave a comment here with a way to contact them so you may give them the URL of your service if you want.

9. Send webhook-event when website is removed

It sometimes occurs that a website which is no longer hosted by us goes down and has not (yet) been removed from updown.io. When we see a notification about such a website, it is usually removed from updown.io so it is no longer checked.

Once it goes down, a webhook is sent and a monitoring-system alerts us of this error. If the website is removed from updown.io, there is no event to notifiy our system of this change, so the error persists.

It would be great if the deletion of a website sends a webhook so your custom system could…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Belgium location

Add more server locations ( in particular Belgium)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Be able to set custom Apdex alert value

Apdex alerts are currently hard-coded to 0.3 in 1 hour. It'd be nice if we could set the the threshold to a custom value rather than hard-coded at 0.3

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Group identical domain suffixes when ordering lexically

Right now I have about 20 subdomains across 3 top-level domains.

The current "domain-suffix-oblivious" lexical ordering is kind of a mess.

I really wish all my "hexstreamsoft.com" subdomains were grouped together, and same thing for my "hexstream.net" and "hexstream.xyz" subdomains separately. Right now those are all "randomly" jumbled up together based on the lexical order of their lowest subdomain components.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add credit usage estimation based on past usage (including SMS)

There is a credits usage estimation based on the current load. However our credits are mostly used by SMS messages. The current estimation is usefull but it would be great to also have an estimation based on past usage (inclunding SMS messages).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the ability to disable following redirects

Currently updown.io will follow 302 redirects when checking if a service is up. In the curl commands that are emailed when downtime is detected, this is achieved via the -L flag. It would be good if this could be disabled, so that the actual endpoint given is tested and not the endpoint at the end of the 302(s).

An example of when this might be useful: I have a few endpoints that simply 302 to another endpoint, which I don't maintain / own / have any control over. I'm less interested in whether those endpoints are up, and more interested…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add alert groups

It would be helpful to create "alert groups" that consist of one or more SMS numbers, Slack channels, etc.

For example, I could create an alert group named "Project X" that consists of two SMS numbers and a Slack channel, and then I could assign that group to any alarms that are related to "Project X". In the future, when the members of "Project X" change I can just make changes to the alert group itself, rather than having to go to each alarm and add/remove recipients.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add African Location

It would be awesome to have a server in Africa so that updown.io would cover every continent on this planet.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an alias / label for each SMS number

Having the ability to set an "alias" for each SMS number would be very helpful.

For example, I would like to add a label for SMS +1 5551234567 that reads "Marc's mobile", that way I can easily see who will receive which notifications.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More Bulk Options

It would be useful to have bulk editing options for the "check interval" and "monitoring locations".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send a webhook-event for Apdex alerts

It is already possible to "Be alerted (by email) when your website's Apdex drops more than 0.3 in 1 hour". It would be great if this event could also send a webhook-request. This would allow us to be automatically notified in our custom monitoring-system when the Apdex suddenly drops for a website.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Grafana plugin

This has been suggested by a client so I created the suggestion to gather interest:

It would be great to see an updown plugin in Grafana, From what I know from grafana you would need to create some API endpoints for data output and then use it as data source and configure some demo dashboard's, here is example I found https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/raintank-worldping-app

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base