Skip to content

General

95 results found

1. Zapier variabelen

Ik wil graag de Updown.io meldingen door Zapier laten afhandelen. Echter het opmaken van de berichten naar derde apps kent weinig variabelen. Is het mogelijk om de huidige "Description sentence" op te knippen in lossen variabelen zodat we in staat gesteld worden om zelf berichten op te stellen?

Bijvoorbeeld:
    1. Gebruikersvriendelijke naam
    2. De monitoring URL
    3. Event type up/down/ssl invalide
    4. Down since
    5. Reason
    6. Etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

First of all please write in English here so other users can benefit from this too.

About Zapier variable, it is totally possible to write more custom messages with many variables but in that case you need to use the individual specific events (see screenshot) instead of the generic one (“new alert”). We can’t provide all variables in the generic event. You need to use Zapier integration v1.1.2 at least to see all events here as I recently made more of them visible.

2. Meta tag "noindex" on public status page

It seems that Google has indexed my public status page, in all available languages. This isn't really necessary; it would be useful if there was some way for me to turn on a "noindex" meta tag, preventing search engines from indexing it.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make a warning icon appear when an SSL is within the 30 days expiry

Make a warning icon appear on the. main checks page when an SSL is within the 30 days expiry. Ive just added a site now to test your system and it expires in 6 days time, so its missed the 30. 14 and 7 and its not drawing my attention to the fact it needs renewing very quickly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having a global domain as CNAME for all status pages instead of one per status page

I would like to be able to have "https://status.domain.com/xxxx" instead of "https://xxxx.status.domain.com" :).

This could allow me to avoid touching my DNS all the time for every check.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although this is not an official feature, this is now possible thanks to the multi-site status page.

If you create a public multi-site status page with a custom domain (example: demo.updown.io), you can then access individual status page from the same custom domain (example: https://demo.updown.io/ngg8), and this is true even for sites which are NOT listed on this status page (as long as the individual status page is public of course).

5. Include small response body in notifications directly

I typically implement a health check/status endpoint in my services, so it will return both a JSON response, and a valid HTTP status code (eg. 200 on success, 500 on error, for example).

Thing is, when I use this in combination with updown.io, I only get notifications that specify the reason based on the error code, eg. "Internal Server Error".

What I'd really want here is to have at least the Slack notifications include the entire response, or even just part of the response.

I'd even be fine if it only worked like this when you use the "contains" functionality,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has just been deployed. You’ll now find in your down alert email an extract of the response alongside the string you configured for search in updown (that was already present before). There will also be a more visible link to the details page (to check the complete response received).

6. Link to status page from apdex alert mail

In the body of the Apdex alert mail (or maybe every alert mail?), can you include a link to the status page of that site? This makes it easy to check the current state of a site, if the mail is already a few hours old.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warn about expiring domain names

Domain name registration expiry notice

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has now been released (disabled by default expect for people enrolled in the beta), feel free to enable it for your account! You can read the announcement here:

https://headwayapp.co/updown-release-notes/domain-name-expiration-reminders-219006

Also display of expiration time in the dashboard and in weekly emails has been added later: https://headwayapp.co/updown-release-notes/domain-name-expiration-247330

And let me know what you think :)

8. Add the ability to disable following redirects

Currently updown.io will follow 302 redirects when checking if a service is up. In the curl commands that are emailed when downtime is detected, this is achieved via the -L flag. It would be good if this could be disabled, so that the actual endpoint given is tested and not the endpoint at the end of the 302(s).

An example of when this might be useful: I have a few endpoints that simply 302 to another endpoint, which I don't maintain / own / have any control over. I'm less interested in whether those endpoints are up, and more interested…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now possible, the "contains" attribute can accept an HTTP status and if you specify any of the intermediary redirect status (e.g. 302, 303, 307...) then the monitoring will stop here and consider the check as UP instead of following the redirect.

About the SSL certificate analysis, it is actually always carried on the first endpoint before any redirection, it does not follow them and never has. If you have any counter example please let me know so we can have a look.

9. Allow URLs with non-ascii symbols

Allow monitoring a URL suck as http://wikipedia.org/wiki/λ or http://wikipedia.org/wiki/🍔. It's annoying to manually have to URL-encode URLs and it's hard to see what the “real” URL is in the list when it's all percentage signs and numbers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide virus and malware alerts

Integrate with a third-party (for example virusdie) to provide their virus/malware scan of your website for free.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Credit Balance and Burn rate in Weekly E-Mail Reports

It would be nice to see in the header of the report that same Credit Balance and Burn Rate that's on the header of the system's landing page. I like the low touch of the weekly report, so that I'm never logging into the system but still being let know everything is on the up and up. Knowing how much runway I have would only make it better.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Order by status and disabled checks

I like ordering checks by status having the "down" first.
    It would be nice, in this view, to have the disabled checks at the bottom of the list.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Editing and Deleting multiple sites simultaneously

Hi, my name is Von Reid and my company uses updown for site monitoring. We like it, it's been useful.
    However, I use your interface enough that I'm going to try to request a few features that will make your interface easier for use for everyone that uses it:

• Delete multiple sites. It would be sooo much easier to delete multiple sites with 1 click instead of having to delete one site at a time and wait for it to refresh every single time. It takes forever to delete multiple sites right now, but it would be so nice to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, this has been improved, you can now edit and delete checks independently without any refresh.

We won’t do bulk delete though as it would complexify the front-end quite a bit for a small gain.

Also (just in case you don’t already know) if you want to edit check recipient there’s a dedicated bulk edit page where you can see which recipient is enable on which check and toggle by line / row or individually: updown.io/checks/recipients

14. Twitter up/down notifications via DM

Twitter up/down notifications via DM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Choose alert recipient with API

It would be nice to be able to choose which notification recipient (email, sms, ...) to activate/deactivate when creating a check through the API.
    For now all recipients are activated by default.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make detailed pricing information publicly available (without registering and logging in)

updown.io is STUPENDOUSLY inexpensive compared to most other uptime monitoring solutions available today. This is obviously one of your strongest selling points.

So, "hiding" detailed pricing information on the logged-in-users-only page https://updown.io/credits/buy seems counter-productive. I was especially surprised by the big discounts given when buying credits in bulk. It seems to me that a version of this page (or equivalent information) should be made available for everyone, even if they haven't signed up for the service yet or are currently logged out. (This would make it easier for fans to share this information with friends or other prospective users, as…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alert if SSL certificate is revoked

At the moment a revoked certificate will show an error on browsers, but will show as "up" by updown.io

I was affected by the following, and didn't receive any notification when the site was inaccessible
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/03/23000-https-certificates-axed-after-ceo-e-mails-private-keys/

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been deployed yesterday! updown.io now detects revoked certificates, as long as they support OCSP. In case of error with the OCSP test, your certificate will stay valid but a warning will be visible in the certificate tooltip.

18. Add button to fire example webhook to added webhook URL

Pretty simple, when you add a webhook there should be a "test" button which fires an example event to the webhook URL so the user can test it to ensure it works.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Order of the bulk update notification recipients

What is the current logic for the sorting of the bulk update notifications? I hope to see the same order as the 'checks page'. [ Alias / URL ]

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add optional password access to public status page

It would be great to have the option to add secure the public status page with a password. Could be as simple as a htpasswd.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?