Skip to content

General

95 results found

1. Add a timestamp when the service was lastup when it´s down

It wold be great to have a timestamp when the service/check was last up when it´s reported as down, it might be it´s already there but I have missed it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Select all" for the "Bulk update notification recipients" section

I just spend a mind numbing hour manually unchecking > 1000 notifications on this page.
    Wouldn't it be a lot easier to have a simple "Check all/uncheck all" toggle at the top?
    Really don't want to go through this again..... :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, I'm sorry about your experience, you are right it's definitely easier to have a "check/uncheck all" toggle at the top. But this is already the case actually, you can click on column headers (or row headers) to select/deselect the whole column (row). So unless you have 1000 columns, you can very quickly deselect all that you need. I guess this feature was a bit too hidden so I'll try to make it a bit more explicit or add some hint text!

3. Better filter/search in the list

The current search text input to filter the list is not perfect. It seems that is is looking only for site that start with the searched words. An include could be better

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Publish the list of the monitoring nodes via multiple DNS records

When our firewall (PFSense) is given a DNS record (such as monitors.updown.io), it will regularly query this record and turn it into a list of IP addresses - which are allowed to enter our internal network via NAT to query servers.

So if you can setup and update something like monitors.updown.io with the 8 A records to Canada, Los Angeles, Frankfurt... we would have nothing to configure or update on our multiple firewalls 😄

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add 4 sec / 8 sec to the Apdex threshold dropdown

Some APIs are slower than others but it doesn't mean that they give a bad experience to the client.

An API which has a response time of 5sec by design, currently shows up with red bars on the monitors page which is bad to show on a customer facing monitor page.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Safebrowsing monitor

Ability to monitor if website has been reported.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion. I haven't communicated about this much but I actually already implemented this a couple years ago. It sends alerts and show in the dashboard with a "bug" icon. If you have a website for which this is not working as expected, please let me know so I can have a look!

7. emphasize the 1 month rolling uptime over the 24 hours

It is very easy to accidentally misread this as 100% uptime in the past 24 hours. This makes the page useless as a client-facing custom status page. (with or without whitelabel)

If the "1 month" could be emphasized, or if the 24 hours heading could be pushed down and/or deemphasized it would be easier to read this correctly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve API: allow CRUD on Email Alert Addresses and Pages

We want to monitor 100+ servers, with new clients and servers coming regularly. We already can create the Checks via API - we would love to have APIs to:

• create & update the status page for the client (with multiple checks)
    • create & update Email Alert Addresses for clients and bind them to Checks
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to implement monitoring from only one country.

I want to implement monitoring from only one country.
    I understand why they require more than one due to availability and other issues. However, I would like you to support the case where the web service specification allows access only from one country.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well as a matter of fact I just implemented a way to bypass this limitation per account, so for people who are aware of the availability issue and risk of false-positive but want to do this anyway I can now allow it.

I’ve just enabled this on your account. If other people are interested you can contact support.

But I still recommend having two locations at least even if it means white-listing some updown.io instances if needed.

10. Alert After X Failures

Please add an option for the ICMP checking that allows alerts to have a threshold that requires a specified number of failures in a row to occur before an alert will be sent. That or allow the ICMP monitor to have a third time period that is the amount of time that the ICMP can be down before an alert is triggered as currently the "Check Interval" is the only time interval and it determines the amount of time in between checks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already the case, thanks to the double check we only send alerts after 2 confirmations checks (so 3 down checks in total).

And with the ICMP check in particular, each check sends 4 ping messages (with 5 second timeout) and is only considered down only if all 4 ping failed.

So in total it would require 12 failed ping in a row (from at least two different locations) to send a “DOWN” alert.

11. webhook alias

For reasons we have 3 opsgenie webhooks set up. While I can work out which one is which from the api key its not the greatest experience.

It would be good to be able to set a more human readable alias so that I can easily see which each of the webhooks does when configuring new checks or bulk updating.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Labels for updown webhooks have just been added:

https://headwayapp.co/updown-release-notes/webhook-improvements-260104

It's not the case for Slack-compatible webhooks though, for them you can continue to use the little hack (which I slightly improved):  Add an anchor at the end of the URL to indicate an alias of your choosing. This anchor will not be sent to your server (it's a client-side HTTP feature) but it'll show in your recipient list and bulk edit screen instead of the URL, example:

https://example.com/xxxxxxx#channel-A

https://example.com/yyyyyyy#channel-B

12. Estonian language translation

I want to help with your amazing projekt and do estonian translation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Still cannot prevent an updown.io check from following redirects

I raised this same issue under this discussion almost two years - unfortunately it's been completely ignored: https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/38068798-add-the-ability-to-disable-following-redirects.

I've worked around this in the past but it's starting to cause problems again, so I'm raising it again and this time I'll expand on the specifics of the problem I'm having.

I run web services from behind Cloudflare. When you set up Cloudflare for proxying, you provide your backend DNS entries to them and enable proxying. They'll then create public facing DNS entries for you that point to Cloudflare, and proxy connections through to your backend. For this, Cloudflare automatically…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So this problem has now multiple fixes:

1. It's possible to prevent following a redirect by specifying the HTTP status (302, 303, etc.) in the "contains" field.
    2. When a site has a dual stack redirection server pointing to an IPv4-only server, it'll now automatically disable dual stack monitoring.
    3. If for some reasons this is still an issue (for example a broken IPv6 you can't remove from DNS), I can still disable dual-stack manually as offered in the comments.
  14. Hyperlink to URL from main listing page

I think it would be neat if there was a way to visit the URL from the UI. So if a website is down, I can just click on the URL/Endpoint to go directly to it but currently I would need to click edit and copy/paste it into the URL. Some endpoints are very specific so it makes it easier to navigate to.

I have attached an example suggestion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mark Website as Down when Domain Expires

When a domain has expired and is pointed back to something like a GoDaddy parking page, the monitor shows the site as up. See attached screenshot.

For all intents and purposes, this should really show the website as down. It's easy to overlook for too long when you manage 80 - 100+ sites.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am gonna mark this one as resolved as we've now implemented the domain expiration alerts in https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/36631813-warn-about-expiring-domain-names. It is not exactly the same thing because it will not consider the website as "down" if it still responds with 200OK but at least you can get notified. Also in the example shown in this screenshot, such error would definitely be considered as "down" as it's not even connecting, the monitoring was likely still 200OK because the configured DNS TTL had not expired yet and was still returning the old IP.

16. Expected HTTP status codes

Would be handy to have a simple "Yes a 405 here is okay" or something along those lines, for unusual but expected healthy status. Not sure how much development effort this would be to implement

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Teams integration (not via 3rd party)

Sending messages through a third party is not that great and imho should not be necessary for a large service like MS Teams.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New "Hidden" status between Private and Public

I'm really needing a "hidden" status for pages, for them to be shareable (to client ..).

Exactly on the same model that Gdrive/Gsuite :

Private > For your eyes Only

Public > Shareable to the world. Can be linked on a public website. Can be found and indexed by google (and you have a lot .. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aupdown.io

Hidden > Only for people who know the URL, to be shared internally. With a long hash key in url that cannot be bruteforced, with meta no index , cannot be indexed by google.

(YES, one could find the url if they hack…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. notify mail per server

we urgently need the option to enter additional mail recipients per server. The current option is too time-consuming for many monitored servers, since the new mail address is set for all servers when it is created and has to be deactivated again. Alternatively a select/deselect all option per mail address in the bulk edit list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this is actually already possible, from the bulk edit page you can select/deselect all by clicking on the rows or columns headers. This allows you to add a recipient, quickly unselect all checks and then select only the checks you want.

20. Make per-stack (IPv4/6) status more accessible

Currently, many of the downtimes I experience affect only IPv6, whereas IPv4 continues to work as usual. However, there are currently several places in updown.io where it doesn’t distinguish between such a partial outage and complete unavailability (IPv4/6 both down). In those cases, it simply marks the check as “down”. This is a real shame given that updown.io already has dual stack monitoring out of the box and is able to show separate statuses on the dashbord like in the attached screenshot (which is awesome!). It would be extremely useful to have this data exposed elsewhere as well, in particular:

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?