Show output of requests on status change
I run a distributed app that resolves to several different servers depending on where you request from in the world.
Currently when a server fails updown.io does pickup the outage (great!) but its hard to pin it down to which server it is thats failing. It would be good if updown.io could return some/all of the following:
1) which servers it is actually resolving to
2) out put of the request it did such as
> headers that it got
> what it resolved the website to
> headers that it sent
The output of the command that Updown.io gives on its up/down emails would be great for example.
I understanding storing all this data simply wont scale so if it could do something like the following:
1. Send it along with up/down alerts so you can quickly debug when you receive it
2. Show the latest result on the dashboard
3. On status pages perhaps just show what it most recently resolved to?
Let me know what you think!
As I said in my email, we actually already store this and send it to you in the downtime email. There are still some work to do on the display in the UI and integration to Slack alerts for example which will be added in the future.