General

1. Accepting Direct Debit (SEPA, BECS, Bacs, Pre-authorized debit in Canada)

Stripe supports some Direct Debit solutions:
    https://stripe.com/docs/payments/bank-debits

Which means you provide your account details and updown can charge it automatically (so this method would support auto-renewal like with cards).

I create this suggestion to poll the interest in this solution. Keep in mind it is already possible to pay by SEPA Transfer (where you manually send money to our IBAN) by contacting me. So this suggestion is only for people who would prefer an automatic charge on their account.

See also: https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/44091750-accepting-bank-redirect-bancontact-eps-fpx-gir

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accepting Bank Redirect (Bancontact, EPS, FPX, giropay, iDEAL, P24, Sofort)

Stripe offers an integration with some EU Bank Redirect solutions: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/bank-redirects

These do no support off-session charges though, which means no auto-renew, each payment has to be made manually. I create this suggestion to poll the interest in these. If you would like to be able to use one of these, please vote and let me know which one.

See also: https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/44091768-accepting-sepa-direct-debit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integration with status.io

Provide integration with status.io, so your status page is updated automatically when updown detects an issue.

As a data point, status.io is another well known "status page" provider. They're actively developed (unlike Atlassian StatusPage these days), and used by a lot of places.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Read-only REST API keys per check

I would like to be able to generate read-only API keys per check, so I would be able to use the API to directly show information within customers sites (WordPress Dashboard).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, this is something which have been asked a couple times in the past and is under review for the roadmap.

Quick question: if this is for website which have a public status page, how would you feel about a public (no api key) read-only API for them?

Or do you prefer one read-only API key per check?

5. webhook alias

For reasons we have 3 opsgenie webhooks set up. While I can work out which one is which from the api key its not the greatest experience.

It would be good to be able to set a more human readable alias so that I can easily see which each of the webhooks does when configuring new checks or bulk updating.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good suggestion, that is definitely a pain point. But I have a little hack for this (which I personally use), not very pretty but efficient: Add an anchor at the end of the URL to indicate an alias of your choosing. This anchor will not be sent to your server (it’s a client-side HTTP feature) but it’ll show in your recipient list and bulk edit screen so it makes it easier to distinguish URLs, example:

https://example.com/xxxxxxx#project-A
    https://example.com/yyyyyyy#project-B

6. Still cannot prevent an updown.io check from following redirects

I raised this same issue under this discussion almost two years - unfortunately it's been completely ignored: https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/38068798-add-the-ability-to-disable-following-redirects.

I've worked around this in the past but it's starting to cause problems again, so I'm raising it again and this time I'll expand on the specifics of the problem I'm having.

I run web services from behind Cloudflare. When you set up Cloudflare for proxying, you provide your backend DNS entries to them and enable proxying. They'll then create public facing DNS entries for you that point to Cloudflare, and proxy connections through to your backend. For this, Cloudflare automatically…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Private URL monitoring

The ability to monitor private endpoints e.g. internal VPN connections would be a great feature for us. I imagine it would have to be a small agent/executable that reports to the API (?)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Estonian language translation

I want to help with your amazing projekt and do estonian translation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hyperlink to URL from main listing page

I think it would be neat if there was a way to visit the URL from the UI. So if a website is down, I can just click on the URL/Endpoint to go directly to it but currently I would need to click edit and copy/paste it into the URL. Some endpoints are very specific so it makes it easier to navigate to.

I have attached an example suggestion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this is a good suggestion indeed. Once the status pages are released (which will share this UI) it’ll be a bit tricky to get right in order not to share private information like basic auth passwords or API tokens but it sounds doable.

10. Mark Website as Down when Domain Expires

When a domain has expired and is pointed back to something like a GoDaddy parking page, the monitor shows the site as up. See attached screenshot.

For all intents and purposes, this should really show the website as down. It's easy to overlook for too long when you manage 80 - 100+ sites.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expected HTTP status codes

Would be handy to have a simple "Yes a 405 here is okay" or something along those lines, for unusual but expected healthy status. Not sure how much development effort this would be to implement

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting this suggestion, this is something under my radar for the moment, gathering interest.

As an alternative it’s possible to specify a string to search in the body, this will ignore the status code (but it only works if there is a body of course).

12. Add African Location

It would be awesome to have a server in Africa so that updown.io would cover every continent on this planet.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom scheduled check interval

Add please a possibility to create a custom time for trigger a check.
    Example: 10am every Friday

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams integration (not via 3rd party)

Sending messages through a third party is not that great and imho should not be necessary for a large service like MS Teams.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. JSON version of the status page

Having a JSON version of the status page allows any possible integration with 3rd party tools/dashboards. Lowers the amount of API requests required to get similar content (even though I think not all of the information that is currently visible on the status page is also available using the existing API). Probably you want to put it behind the API key except maybe for public status pages.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make per-stack (IPv4/6) status more accessible

Currently, many of the downtimes I experience affect only IPv6, whereas IPv4 continues to work as usual. However, there are currently several places in updown.io where it doesn’t distinguish between such a partial outage and complete unavailability (IPv4/6 both down). In those cases, it simply marks the check as “down”. This is a real shame given that updown.io already has dual stack monitoring out of the box and is able to show separate statuses on the dashbord like in the attached screenshot (which is awesome!). It would be extremely useful to have this data exposed elsewhere as well, in particular:

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, well actually the first part is already implemented, when you have a downtime only on IPv4 or IPv6 it’ll say “DOWN (IPv6 only)” in the alerts. I see on your accounts that you didn’t saw this message because the checks were just created and already down, and we currently need at least one successful check on both stacks before to trigger this message. But thinking about this I’m not sure why so I’ll probably change this to make in work also in your case.

Also you’re right it should be added to the UI.

About the API and Webhook you can already get very detailed informations about dual stack tests in the /downtimes endpoint using the “results=true” parameter. I’ll gradually make more details available to other endpoints.

17. Longer timeout than 2 seconds.

We are sysadmin that use services like this + webhook to wake up sysadmins in the middle of the night if something goes down.

2 second max response is too short. Sometimes a server can become overloaded and be sluggish for a moment, and thats OK, and should not be considered a downtime.

If sysadmins are woken at 3am for a brief period of sluggishness, then they cant perform well the next day fully sleep deprived.

Need longer options. 3,4,5,..10 second ranges

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "tcps" type check

Currently we have HTTP, HTTPS, ICMP, and TCP type checks. These cover probably most things, with TCP being the escape valve for non-HTTP based services. However, I have some non-HTTP services that are nevertheless behind TLS, for example LDAPS. It would be good to have these checked not only as TCP but as TCP+TLS, with the same certificate verification logic that goes into HTTPS. That is, this would be to TCP as HTTPS is to HTTP.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display days to expire in listing

Adding a column that shows the days to cert expiration would be so handy. Also, if/when you succeed with the domain expire project, another column showings days til domain expiration again would be useful for me. Possibly these are optional columns for those that want in their display grid?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New "Hidden" status between Private and Public

I'm really needing a "hidden" status for pages, for them to be shareable (to client ..).

Exactly on the same model that Gdrive/Gsuite :

Private > For your eyes Only

Public > Shareable to the world. Can be linked on a public website. Can be found and indexed by google (and you have a lot .. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aupdown.io

Hidden > Only for people who know the URL, to be shared internally. With a long hash key in url that cannot be bruteforced, with meta no index , cannot be indexed by google.

(YES, one could find the url if they hack…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base