Skip to content

General

74 results found

1. SLOs and SLA for updown.io itself

More SLO's and SLA's for uptown.io itself. In exchange for more $.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately I’ll probably never implement any SLO/SLA as it’s not sustainable at my size (solo founder), it wouldn’t really make sense to refund money on a service costing so little IMO and most importantly I’d rather put efforts into making the product better than spending my time negotiating deals with bigger companies. I also prefer the simplicity and fairness of everyone paying the same price (proportional to usage) and having the same (good) service.

2. Customise (on/off) Default Notification Channels

I would like to set which Slack Alert Channels (but this idea applies to all notification methods) should be default on or default off.

I have a couple of channels I need just for specific high priority notifications. I don't want them accidentally switched on for every updown.io entry that is added

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t really want to add too much complexity here but for the record when creating a new check not all recipients are active by default. updown takes the last created check as an example and copy these values.

This means it’s a little smarter and if you have some recipient always on and some almost always off, you’re likely to get this right by default and might only have to correct one or two which makes it more acceptable.

3. Allow cachebusting URLs

I use updown to check a url that is behind a caching CDN. If the origin server goes offline, real users making requests for new URLs will see errors, but I will not be notified of downtime: the updown check will still succeed since the URL it is checking has been cached.

I'd like the ability to add a random string to a URL each time it is checked, so that requests bust through the cache and check that both the CDN and origin server are online

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed that’s a classic problem but it’s better solved using the standard Cache-Control header to disable caching, and this one can already be set on updown.io using the customize request form (</> icon).

4. Screenshots

Add screenshots to the reports, so we don't have to setup that with another provider seperatly

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re talking about screenshot of the page or website, that is not possible because updown does not render the website (by fetching CSS, images, javascript, etc..). We only request the HTTP endpoint and eventually download the body if you specified a string to search on the page (in which case you can see the raw HTTP body in the alerts)

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Generally speaking this will not be added because it is not worth it with our pricing. But if you have a lot of sites, we can discuss custom periods for your accounts (e.g. 2h, 3h, 6h) to lower the cost. You can contact us in this case.

6. Add UBL invoices

To save time on bookkeeping, add UBL invoices.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add 15 minutes and/or 20 minutes check intervals

I understand the drive to keep the number of options small, but to me there is pretty clearly a "hole" in the available check interval options.

For reference, current interval options are:
    15s, 30s, 1m, 2m, 5m, 10m, 30m, 1h

My "standard" checks for important stuff use a 5 minutes interval.

I'm looking to lower my costs by using a larger interval for some of my less important stuff, but right now my only options are the 10 minutes interval, which is not really going to save me enough money to be worthwhile, and the 30 minutes interval, which would…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send status page url in webhook data

Send status page url in webhook data

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 ping par jour

Ping une seule fois par jour, a une heure precise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set lower bound % for uptime per project

Let us decide what the lower bound of the uptime % needs to be for the check to be green. No SLA has a 100% uptime guarantee.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the calendar view of the status page, the threshold for each day are:

- orange for < 15m downtime

- red for >= 15 min downtime

I don't plan on making this more customizable on updown which aims to stay simple. But if you need to show a more custom display according to negociated SLA, this is always possible using our API to compute and display the numbers of your choice on a custom page or report.

11. More heck periods: 2h and 4h

More check intervals: 2h, 4h.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Higher timeout threshold

We have a couple of long running dashboard pages and a higher timeout threshold would be useful

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a "Does not contain" option

The content on the site may vary a lot, but it should never include words like "exception" or "error", which is what we want to check for.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but this won’t be added, we consider it to be a bad practice as this would miss most actual errors returned by your servers and drastically reduce monitoring quality (which would then be blamed on us). If you don’t care about the content present, just don’t use this feature and rely on standard HTTP status check.

14. Headline annual rolling uptime

The last month rolling uptime percentage (large headline) is really helpful as it shows the most recent performance. Beside it, I would like to see the Annual Rolling Uptime. If the account has not been active for a year, it should show the period since the account was opened. This is important because after six months, the month-by-month view will have been deleted.
    That said, this is the best online service that I've discovered this year.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately we can’t really add all the number people want, the status page already have lots of them. We’ll probably add the ability to go back in history in the future (on the calendar view for example) but we most probably won’t add an annual uptime in the headline. You can get this number from the API if you want it though, the history is kept forever at the data level.

15. Alert after N periods

In order to avoid false alarms, it would be great to have a per-check variable to define how many failed pings to wait before alerting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support larger subset of response codes

An api might return a 503 status to indicate it is in maintence mode, it would be nice to be able to check for a subset of response codes rather than just 200 OK

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The string search features allows to match on a text instead of a status, this is useful for testing special status responses. And a 503 (if properly used for maintenance) should be considered down, if you want to hide the downtime caused by maintenance from updown.io you need to disable the check before the maintenance.

17. More apdex values: 1.5s and 2.5s

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I interpret the apdex time value you configure for a site as the desired maximum response time for the site. If this is so, it seems odd that it maxes out at 2s. While a commercial site might be able to afford the hw to get it below 1s easily, not everyone can.

So, could we have a little more granularity in the 1s to 2s region?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most website can easily respond in less than 0.5s even if queries from the other half of the world. We initially supported only up to 1s and added 2s later but we don’t want to encourage people into thinking 2s+ response time is acceptable so we won’t go higher. If your website is slower and this is acceptable to you it’ll of course monitor properly, but you’re not gonna be able to show an all green Apdex score.

18. Please. Show the prom size in KB

Slow responses can be caused by big pages (urls). If I have idea of this then I can do something more.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

No it can’t because we measure the time it takes until your server starts responding, not until we finished downloading the body. And we don’t download any body by default anyway as we use the HEAD http verb, only when you use the string search feature. So the page size is irrelevant to this measure.

19. Create WHMCS Module For Selling and Displaying Uptime In WHMCS Client Accounts

I love updown.io, but UptimeRobot has got WHMCS dialed in. You guys should get in that game. Make a module that allows us to display updown uptime monitoring in the WHMCS client area. Not sure where you guys are in the as far as the reseller market goes, but you can also add functionality for reselling your service to our WHMCS clients and make bank. Think of how much more exposure that would be.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This integration requires writing some custom PHP code, which means more maintenance, support and crappy UX. It’s just not worth for us. If someone really wants this extension he can write it using our API.

20. Monthly uptime report

I see a weekly report, but I would love to see a monthly one as well. Many people have to report up a final number and this would save me doing some math every month. I basically just need the uptime percentage for the entire month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General