Skip to content

General

73 results found

1. Public status page remove/reorganise/condense the look of the page

I rely like the status page(public) , but it would be great to have the possibility to e.g remove the header(compress) and only get the status page.
    I´m embedding this in my Zabbix but it´s taking to much area I want it more condensed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something I want to do because we simply can't make the status page perfect for every use-case, especially when it's embedded. So if you need more flexibility you'll have to use the API to design your own page.

2. Have a button to force recheck of SSL

I don't see a way to force a recheck to clear alert after fixing?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed there is no way to force an earlier check, the SSL check is performed every 10 regular checks. One workaround is to temporarily increase check frequency to 15 seconds, in order to get the next SSL test in under 2.5 minutes, and then change the frequency back.

3. DatePicker, proper Graph

right now status page timeline shows only last 24h, I can't go back to see what happens few days ago. Also that "graph" is not accurate enough, given 5 mins intervals I'm not able to see single response as it gets grouped - Im talking here about adding proper graph like kibana/graafana has, maybe on a separate page as current one is really good.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed you won't be able to find more details here simply because we don't store the result for every requests, that would take way too much ressources and would not fit updown pricing. That's why these charts show hourly metrics at most (that's how we store it). We only store full details for the last 5 requests before a downtime and recovery (you can see them in email alerts) as these are the most important ones.

We'll likely add some way to see metrics for other timeframes in the past, but the resolution will definitely not be better (quite the opposite). After 1 day we aggregate statistics per day and after 1 month we aggregate by month : https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/31493113-longer-history

Also we'll likely add a downtime history (wich access to the detailed first and last 5 requests) : https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/15589635-allow-text-updates-for-incidents

4. Negative text

I'd like to fail a monitor when specific text is found (opposite of the existing text matching). Use case is my human-readable status page that will say "Database: BAD". I'd like to trigger an alert when the text "BAD" is in the response.

Thanks for the simple and useful service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion but I decided against implementing this feature. Because I think it's way too easy to generate false positives where your service is down and you're not notified because it's not the case you expected and entered in the search. For example your page could later change "BAD" to "bad" or "DOWN" or whaterver, or your page could simply stop working and returning any text or return an error message instead, and you don't want those to be considered UP. And even if it's not technically my fault, friends don't let friends build brittle monitoring ☺

The better option if you already have a custom status page is to either return a custom HTTP status depending on global state, applying the rules you want (e.g. any service is bad, status = 500) Or you can include a global text status saying something like "Global: UP" and do…

5. translate option disable

please add an option disable translation in public status page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. YouTube

I am not techy but I have over 40 domains I am watching only for SSL. Thank you for this tool. Most SSL monitors suck. I want to make sure I'm doing things the right way and I watch YouTube all of the time for tech support. There are so many hidden gems on your website like this q/a page itself. I just don't want such a great tool to be so hidden. I have been looking for a tool like this for 3 months and I am just finding you guys now!! You do have to compete with a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Still down alert /reminder customization

It would be nice to make the number of checks before a Still Down Alert /Reminder is sent out customizable.

Details regarding Still Down Alert :
    The still down notifications are sent as reminders, they are exponentially spaced out and dependent on the check frequency. The first reminder is sent after 60 down checks (so if you have 1min interval it's after 1h, if you have 30s interval after 30min, etc..) and after that, the next reminder is always twice as long as the previous one, so for example: 30min, 1h, 2h, 4h, 8h, etc...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Webhook for updown.io Status Page

Currently, the only way to subscribe to the updown.io service Status page is via email. Please allow webhooks to retrieve these alerts. It's extremely important we're notified of any issues (or maintenance) currently being experienced by updown.io if we're to trust it to monitor our services.

It says "Choose from the options below to automatically receive notifications when we update the status site", but there's only one option, which is email?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion, this is unlikely to happen though, this status page is made with https://staytus.co/ which does not offer this option and it would be way too unreliable for people using it anyway (almost never any webhook, hard to make sure the integration is still working, endpoints will go down among the years and people will never remove them, etc..) The email notification is the preferred way of notification.

9. Custom/more monitoring locations

Hello,

Are you planning to add additional monitoring locations?
    Or maybe even the possibility to add a custom one?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Locations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. DMARC Monitor

It would be awesome if updown.io could check DMARC reports.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Longer timeout than 2 seconds.

We are sysadmin that use services like this + webhook to wake up sysadmins in the middle of the night if something goes down.

2 second max response is too short. Sometimes a server can become overloaded and be sluggish for a moment, and thats OK, and should not be considered a downtime.

If sysadmins are woken at 3am for a brief period of sluggishness, then they cant perform well the next day fully sleep deprived.

Need longer options. 3,4,5,..10 second ranges

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not the timeout, this 2 sec max select box is about Apdex threshold and performance metrics.

At the time of writing the timeouts are:
    - for HTTP and TCP checks: 10sec connection + 30sec response
    - for ICMP checks: 4 pings with 5 sec timeout each (if any ping success the check is UP)

12. Custom scheduled check interval

Add please a possibility to create a custom time for trigger a check.
    Example: 10am every Friday

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. prometheus integration

I saw that a Grafana plugin was suggested and I am all for it, but even better might be a Prometheus integration. Prometheus pulls the data in and stores it. Once it's in Prometheus it can be displayed in Grafana pretty easily. I suspect that since there is already an API for updown it's just a matter of making the two systems data connect but that's a bit out of my grasp to do it myself.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display days to expire in listing

Adding a column that shows the days to cert expiration would be so handy. Also, if/when you succeed with the domain expire project, another column showings days til domain expiration again would be useful for me. Possibly these are optional columns for those that want in their display grid?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don't want to complexify the UI too much with these added (optional) columns. Both numbers are available in the tooltip on the scheme, there's an orange display when getting near expiration + all emails reminders. Also the sort by status will sort domain expiring sooner first if needed.

15. Regex check of response body

We have a single health-check endpoint which returns health of various modules of the system in JSON format. I would like to define these different components as separate monitoring targets in updown.io. Regex checking of the response would fit the bill.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide an explanation of what "Redirections" is.

Trying out the service and first thing I noticed is "Redirections" is about 50% of the time used. It would be great if you could provide a document or link as to how you are calculating this and what we could do to reduce it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show QUALYS SSL Labs Grade

Show somewhere on the status page, the SSL Labs grade for the monitored host. It can be get trough the API, like https://api.ssllabs.com/api/v3/analyze?host=updown.io (it could be tested once a day for each host)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately the discussions with Qualys didn't go anywhere. They confirmed I can't use SSL Labls commercially but suggested instead their enterprise software which did not work at all for this, then they stopped replying to any of my emails.

18. Google Sheets Integration

Google Sheets integration.
    We use the API now with an external Python script polling in data every x minutes to keep our overviews up to date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support SAML single-sign on (SSO); e.g. ADFS

I have a SharePoint site I need to monitor, but it does not allow anonymous login. I need a way to authenticate with it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SLOs and SLA for updown.io itself

More SLO's and SLA's for uptown.io itself. In exchange for more $.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately I’ll probably never implement any SLO/SLA as it’s not sustainable at my size (solo founder), it wouldn’t really make sense to refund money on a service costing so little IMO and most importantly I’d rather put efforts into making the product better than spending my time negotiating deals with bigger companies. I also prefer the simplicity and fairness of everyone paying the same price (proportional to usage) and having the same (good) service.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base