4 results found
14 votes0 comments · General · Admin →
14 votes4 comments · General · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentSuitePad GmbH shared this idea ·
Ok I’m moving this back to “under review” as it’s gathering a lot of interest, but this would require first https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972/suggestions/16982392 and https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972/suggestions/15589635 to be implemented to provide a decent UI for this.
141 votesstarted · AdminAdrien Rey-Jarthon (Founder, updown.io) responded
Hello everyone, I’ve just added a way to get the detailed results from the last 5 checks before downtime and recovery to the downtime API, all you have to do is add the “results=true” parameter, like this:
- This API is alpha version, it can still change.
- The response can be huge, I recommend using this only when needed and with http gzip compression if you can.
- The dual stack results (IPv4 and IPv6) will NOT repeat “body” and “received_headers” if they are the same as in the parent result record, to save space.
Let me know what you think!
An error occurred while saving the commentSuitePad GmbH commented
I'm particularly eager to find a way to get a list of recent pings, the same as in the email. It would be ideal if I could click from the dashboard/index page of all my checks into individual request histories. The link I'm looking for is: http://updown.io/downtimes/590a04fc18b2ad5dcc225f5a/results/590a063ecbce6b27d2ad7fb0
@adrien Ah! Sorry, I just noticed your response from April.
I'd mostly try to offload the risk of breaking desings to the user. You could add a version class - "version-1.23" to the body tag. Then users could structure their CSS with the version tag and new pages would just look like the default theme. Best case: users are warned so they understand the risk and get a heads up that new dom version is coming.
I do think that there is too much white space above the "last 24 hours". Otherwise, I actually think it is a really nice page. If I had custom CSS, I would:
1. Add company logo, if I could find a way to do it tastefully.
2. use some company colors, where it makes sense
3. limit white space, possibly try to use flexbox to put locale selection and the check title in one row.