Skip to content

General

95 results found

1. notify mail per server

we urgently need the option to enter additional mail recipients per server. The current option is too time-consuming for many monitored servers, since the new mail address is set for all servers when it is created and has to be deactivated again. Alternatively a select/deselect all option per mail address in the bulk edit list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this is actually already possible, from the bulk edit page you can select/deselect all by clicking on the rows or columns headers. This allows you to add a recipient, quickly unselect all checks and then select only the checks you want.

2. Public statuspage

A public (configurable/branded) overview page. Like statuspage.io, but than the updown.io way :-)

Maybe with a cname option?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, I’m not sure if you noticed but there are already status pages per URL, ex: https://updown.io/ngg8
    You can access it simply by clicking your check’s URL in your dashboard and you can make it public using the toggle at the top (default is private)
    CNAME support is in the roadmap but low priority.

3. emphasize the 1 month rolling uptime over the 24 hours

It is very easy to accidentally misread this as 100% uptime in the past 24 hours. This makes the page useless as a client-facing custom status page. (with or without whitelabel)

If the "1 month" could be emphasized, or if the 24 hours heading could be pushed down and/or deemphasized it would be easier to read this correctly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to disable following redirects

Currently updown.io will follow 302 redirects when checking if a service is up. In the curl commands that are emailed when downtime is detected, this is achieved via the -L flag. It would be good if this could be disabled, so that the actual endpoint given is tested and not the endpoint at the end of the 302(s).

An example of when this might be useful: I have a few endpoints that simply 302 to another endpoint, which I don't maintain / own / have any control over. I'm less interested in whether those endpoints are up, and more interested…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now possible, the "contains" attribute can accept an HTTP status and if you specify any of the intermediary redirect status (e.g. 302, 303, 307...) then the monitoring will stop here and consider the check as UP instead of following the redirect.

About the SSL certificate analysis, it is actually always carried on the first endpoint before any redirection, it does not follow them and never has. If you have any counter example please let me know so we can have a look.

5. Credit Balance and Burn rate in Weekly E-Mail Reports

It would be nice to see in the header of the report that same Credit Balance and Burn Rate that's on the header of the system's landing page. I like the low touch of the weekly report, so that I'm never logging into the system but still being let know everything is on the up and up. Knowing how much runway I have would only make it better.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Still cannot prevent an updown.io check from following redirects

I raised this same issue under this discussion almost two years - unfortunately it's been completely ignored: https://updown.uservoice.com/forums/177972-general/suggestions/38068798-add-the-ability-to-disable-following-redirects.

I've worked around this in the past but it's starting to cause problems again, so I'm raising it again and this time I'll expand on the specifics of the problem I'm having.

I run web services from behind Cloudflare. When you set up Cloudflare for proxying, you provide your backend DNS entries to them and enable proxying. They'll then create public facing DNS entries for you that point to Cloudflare, and proxy connections through to your backend. For this, Cloudflare automatically…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So this problem has now multiple fixes:

1. It's possible to prevent following a redirect by specifying the HTTP status (302, 303, etc.) in the "contains" field.
    2. When a site has a dual stack redirection server pointing to an IPv4-only server, it'll now automatically disable dual stack monitoring.
    3. If for some reasons this is still an issue (for example a broken IPv6 you can't remove from DNS), I can still disable dual-stack manually as offered in the comments.
  7. Order of the bulk update notification recipients

What is the current logic for the sorting of the bulk update notifications? I hope to see the same order as the 'checks page'. [ Alias / URL ]

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, there is a fallback icon of course if you site don’t have any, but in you case your server does serve a /favicon.ico file which is a blank gif (not very valid), that’s why you see a blank space instead of the default icon. You should remove this gif if you don’t want it to showup.

9. Server should return its idea of "current time" for reliable delta ("last check X seconds ago", etc)

When I added "last check" and "next check" information on my custom status page using the API, I opted to give a handy "time delta", for instance I might say things like (paraphrased) "the last check was 04:42 ago at 00:46:08" and "the next check will be in 00:18 at 00:51:08".

This of course requires having an idea of what the "current time" is.

I initially used simply the (client) time at which I sent the request to the server, but obviously that's fundamentally flawed in many ways, as the client clock and server clock may not be synchronised, and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a legit question and fortunately it has already been tackled by HTTP. You can find in the API response headers the “Date” field which contains the local server time. You can use it as a baseline for your time difference comparisons.

It is not by default accessible for CORS requests but I’ve just added the proper expose header so it’s now accessible from javascript too, here is an example:

fetch(“https://updown.io/api/checks?api-key=ro-xxxxx”).then(function(res) { console.log(res.headers.get(“date”)) })

Feel free to use it now :)

But keep in mind that next_check time being in the past will still happen, this is because it’s value is updated after the check, which can take time (between 0 and 30 seconds depending on the server response time and latency) So it can be up to 30 seconds late even on synchronized clock, in this case, you can display something like: “currently running” or something…

10. Show output of requests on status change

I run a distributed app that resolves to several different servers depending on where you request from in the world.

Currently when a server fails updown.io does pickup the outage (great!) but its hard to pin it down to which server it is thats failing. It would be good if updown.io could return some/all of the following:

1) which servers it is actually resolving to
    2) out put of the request it did such as

headers that it got
    what it resolved the website to
    headers that it sent

The output of the command that Updown.io gives on its up/down…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As I said in my email, we actually already store this and send it to you in the downtime email. There are still some work to do on the display in the UI and integration to Slack alerts for example which will be added in the future.

11. Send a webhook-event for Apdex alerts

It is already possible to "Be alerted (by email) when your website's Apdex drops more than 0.3 in 1 hour". It would be great if this event could also send a webhook-request. This would allow us to be automatically notified in our custom monitoring-system when the Apdex suddenly drops for a website.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide virus and malware alerts

Integrate with a third-party (for example virusdie) to provide their virus/malware scan of your website for free.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. webhook alias

For reasons we have 3 opsgenie webhooks set up. While I can work out which one is which from the api key its not the greatest experience.

It would be good to be able to set a more human readable alias so that I can easily see which each of the webhooks does when configuring new checks or bulk updating.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Labels for updown webhooks have just been added:

https://headwayapp.co/updown-release-notes/webhook-improvements-260104

It's not the case for Slack-compatible webhooks though, for them you can continue to use the little hack (which I slightly improved):  Add an anchor at the end of the URL to indicate an alias of your choosing. This anchor will not be sent to your server (it's a client-side HTTP feature) but it'll show in your recipient list and bulk edit screen instead of the URL, example:

https://example.com/xxxxxxx#channel-A

https://example.com/yyyyyyy#channel-B

14. Link to status page from apdex alert mail

In the body of the Apdex alert mail (or maybe every alert mail?), can you include a link to the status page of that site? This makes it easy to check the current state of a site, if the mail is already a few hours old.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter checks by url and name

Search field on the checks page that filters visible checks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better filter/search in the list

The current search text input to filter the list is not perfect. It seems that is is looking only for site that start with the searched words. An include could be better

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Timezone to notifications

Currently, at least in the Slack notifications, the timestamp is sent, but there is no timezone. The slack channel I am using has members from multiple timezones. I have the TZ in updown set to UTC, so it would be useful if the notification also mentioned "UTC" with the timestamp.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Estonian language translation

I want to help with your amazing projekt and do estonian translation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Alert after certain time of downtime

Implement a function to only send out alert IF website has been down more than ie 5/10 minutes would be AWESOME.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already the case, thanks to the double check we only send alerts if the downtime is longer than your check frequency. So if you set check frequency to 5min, you’ll only receive alerts for downtimes longer than 5min.

20. Add a timestamp when the service was lastup when it´s down

It wold be great to have a timestamp when the service/check was last up when it´s reported as down, it might be it´s already there but I have missed it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General