General

1. prometheus integration

I saw that a Grafana plugin was suggested and I am all for it, but even better might be a Prometheus integration. Prometheus pulls the data in and stores it. Once it's in Prometheus it can be displayed in Grafana pretty easily. I suspect that since there is already an API for updown it's just a matter of making the two systems data connect but that's a bit out of my grasp to do it myself.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. JSON version of the status page

Having a JSON version of the status page allows any possible integration with 3rd party tools/dashboards. Lowers the amount of API requests required to get similar content (even though I think not all of the information that is currently visible on the status page is also available using the existing API). Probably you want to put it behind the API key except maybe for public status pages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Grafana plugin

This has been suggested by a client so I created the suggestion to gather interest:

It would be great to see an updown plugin in Grafana, From what I know from grafana you would need to create some API endpoints for data output and then use it as data source and configure some demo dashboard's, here is example I found https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/raintank-worldping-app

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "tcps" type check

Currently we have HTTP, HTTPS, ICMP, and TCP type checks. These cover probably most things, with TCP being the escape valve for non-HTTP based services. However, I have some non-HTTP services that are nevertheless behind TLS, for example LDAPS. It would be good to have these checked not only as TCP but as TCP+TLS, with the same certificate verification logic that goes into HTTPS. That is, this would be to TCP as HTTPS is to HTTP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a warning icon appear when an SSL is within the 30 days expiry

Make a warning icon appear on the. main checks page when an SSL is within the 30 days expiry. Ive just added a site now to test your system and it expires in 6 days time, so its missed the 30. 14 and 7 and its not drawing my attention to the fact it needs renewing very quickly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Total Time on dashboard

I like to see the Total Time from the last 24 hours (so REDIRECTIONS + NAME LOOKUP + CONNECTION + TLS HANDSHAKE + RESPONSE TIME) on the dashboard.

Would be very nice to not only see the Apdex, but also the Total Time for all websites at one overview page.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make per-stack (IPv4/6) status more accessible

Currently, many of the downtimes I experience affect only IPv6, whereas IPv4 continues to work as usual. However, there are currently several places in updown.io where it doesn’t distinguish between such a partial outage and complete unavailability (IPv4/6 both down). In those cases, it simply marks the check as “down”. This is a real shame given that updown.io already has dual stack monitoring out of the box and is able to show separate statuses on the dashbord like in the attached screenshot (which is awesome!). It would be extremely useful to have this data exposed elsewhere as well, in particular:

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, well actually the first part is already implemented, when you have a downtime only on IPv4 or IPv6 it’ll say “DOWN (IPv6 only)” in the alerts. I see on your accounts that you didn’t saw this message because the checks were just created and already down, and we currently need at least one successful check on both stacks before to trigger this message. But thinking about this I’m not sure why so I’ll probably change this to make in work also in your case.

Also you’re right it should be added to the UI.

About the API and Webhook you can already get very detailed informations about dual stack tests in the /downtimes endpoint using the “results=true” parameter. I’ll gradually make more details available to other endpoints.

8. Allow Green Status when using letsencrypt staging CA

In dev environments is common to use the letsencrypt staging CA rather than the production one .

This CA does not verify using the standard system ca store.

Would be useful to allow marking the letsencrypt staging ca as allowed on a per check basis

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New "Hidden" status between Private and Public

I'm really needing a "hidden" status for pages, for them to be shareable (to client ..).

Exactly on the same model that Gdrive/Gsuite :

Private > For your eyes Only

Public > Shareable to the world. Can be linked on a public website. Can be found and indexed by google (and you have a lot .. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aupdown.io

Hidden > Only for people who know the URL, to be shared internally. With a long hash key in url that cannot be bruteforced, with meta no index , cannot be indexed by google.

(YES, one could find the url if they hack…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DNS record checks

Hi,
    I have implemented a simple php script on one of my servers to take a query via GET method and returns the requested DNS record.
    The site is restricted to updown.io servers and uses a URL in the following format :

https://webserver.com/lookup.php?T=A&D=google.co.uk&R=IP

This uses the following fields :
    T - Type of record to return eg. MX/A/TXT
    D - Domain to check eg. google.co.uk
    R - Record field to return. eg. ip for ip address
    The server code simple checks if the record type is a valid one we accept, checks the domain name is in a valid format…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve just merged this with another one about DNS check. This is something we’re thinking about but is not planned yet.

In the meantime what you made is a great workaround, if other users are interested I encourage them to leave a comment here with a way to contact them so you may give them the URL of your service if you want.

11. Meta tag "noindex" on public status page

It seems that Google has indexed my public status page, in all available languages. This isn't really necessary; it would be useful if there was some way for me to turn on a "noindex" meta tag, preventing search engines from indexing it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, 2 months ago we started providing canonical URLs so search engines would only display a single result (without the localized version) but it looks like this is not enough and multiple versions are still indexed. We’ll probably add some noindex to help with that.
    On the other end we’re not gonna totally block the indexing of the main status page because this is a feature, being able to lookup a status page when the monitored service is down can be useful.

12. Test based on hash

It would be handy if instead of content we could choose to hash the response and test if the response matches the hash.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Microsoft Teams integration (not via 3rd party)

Sending messages through a third party is not that great and imho should not be necessary for a large service like MS Teams.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide an explanation of what "Redirections" is.

Trying out the service and first thing I noticed is "Redirections" is about 50% of the time used. It would be great if you could provide a document or link as to how you are calculating this and what we could do to reduce it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having a global domain as CNAME for all status pages instead of one per status page

I would like to be able to have "https://status.domain.com/xxxx" instead of "https://xxxx.status.domain.com" :).

This could allow me to avoid touching my DNS all the time for every check.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Full white label functionality

I want to be able to white label status pages, email alerts, etc. (total white label possibilities)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. servers in hong kong and indonesia

servers in hong kong and indonesia

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add notification escalation

Add notification escalation.

Add a method for responsible people to aknowledge reception of an alert. Add an escalation of alerts in case someone did not respond in due time (15 min, or parametrable).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow URLs with non-ascii symbols

Allow monitoring a URL suck as http://wikipedia.org/wiki/λ or http://wikipedia.org/wiki/🍔. It's annoying to manually have to URL-encode URLs and it's hard to see what the “real” URL is in the list when it's all percentage signs and numbers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Belgium location

Add more server locations ( in particular Belgium)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories